Open Doors Membership Program
As the nation’s leading nonprofit dedicated to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, the Y is committed to giving everyone in our community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive, regardless of their financial circumstances.
That’s why we offer our Open Doors Program, which offers reduced membership rates to individuals and families whose financial circumstances may not allow them to pay the full membership rate. Members who experience a temporary financial setback, such as a job loss, are also encouraged to seek temporary membership assistance through the Y’s Open Doors program. The Y can provide financial assistance thanks to caring individuals and businesses who donate to our Annual Giving Campaign.
How to Apply
- Complete the online Open Doors application below and upload your most recent tax return or other proof of income for the last 30 days
- Download the Open Doors application, and bring it to the Kishwaukee Family YMCA along with your most recent tax return or other proof of income for the last 30 days.
- Let our staff know that you’d like to discuss membership through Open Doors.
- A membership representative will meet with you one-on-one to discuss your options.
- Based on the information that you provide, he or she will assist you to determine the amount of assistance the Y is able to provide.
Additional scholarships for our programs and services may be available. Please contact the Director in charge of the program for information about scholarships to participate.
Swim Lessons- Brian Bickner, Senior Aquatics Director: email@example.com
Water Exercise, Group Exercise, Karate- Cami Loving, Healthy Living Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool, Summer Camp and Before and After School Programs: Melissa Johnson, Youth Development Director: email@example.com
Youth Sports, Adult Sports- Fred Harris, Sports Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org