We want all of our new members to get the most out of their experiences at the Y. We want more smiles, more fun, and more positive results! In order to help you achieve your fitness goals, we like to take the time to learn more about you and just exactly what it is you’re hoping to achieve at the Y. We offer several FREE orientation sessions that will help us get acquainted with you, and to help you get familiar with the many wellness solutions we offer. Let us help you take the first step towards better health and fitness!
Our orientations are designed for all members seeking coaching on proper form and technique on specific wellness center equipment. Our wellness center houses a variety of strength and cardio apparatus, and we want to ensure that you’re familiar with the equipment and using it both safely, and to your full advantage. Work with our wellness coaches on identifying equipment that aligns with your wellness goals, and practice utilizing the equipment safely and efficiently. All of our orientations are drop-in classes.
Family Fit Orientations (Ages 8-11)
Following the completion of the Family Fit Orientation, members will have access to use all cardio equipment, selectorized weight machines, and bodyweight exercises. They will also be educated in performing bodyweight exercises.
1. Since it is a family affair, parents or guardians must attend the orientation and work out with their youth in future visits. Members must pass a test and have parent consent at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Parents/Guardians and children are both required to wear a Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center together, indicating they have completed the Family Fit Orientation. The wristband can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA Employees reserve the right to ask both parents/guardians and children to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are not together at all times.
Mondays 10:00am & 6:00pm
Youth/Tween Orientation (Ages 12-15)
Following the completion of the Youth/Tween Orientation, members will have access to use all cardio equipment, selectorized strength machines and light free weights not within the free weight area.
1. Members must pass a test at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Youth are required to wear a Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center; wristbands can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA employees reserve the right to ask youth/tweens to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are
abusing their privilege of being in the Wellness Center.
Mondays 10:00am & 6:00pm
Teen/Adult Orientation (Ages 16+)
Get acquainted with the Wellness Center equipment, learn safe techniques for equipment use, proper lifting form, and etiquette. Chat with one of our friendly and experienced staff about your fitness goals.
1. Even if you’ve used the equipment before, this orientation is extremely helpful. During this 45-minute session a trained wellness staff member will lead you through cardio and strength equipment to better understand how to use them properly to get the most
out of your workout.
Appointments are available on the following days and times: