UNDER 10 YEARS
- Need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian (16 or older) while at the YMCA, unless participating in a supervised class or signed into Kids Zone.
- May utilize the YMCA facilities, as long as a parent or guardian (16 or older) is in the building at all times or unless they are participating in a supervised YMCA program.
- Activity options: Basketball Gym, Sports Center, Youth, and Family Activity Center, Walking Track, and Racquetball.
- Wellness Center (with a responsible adult over the age of 16) after completing a wellness center orientation.
- Recreation Pool (with a responsible adult over the age of 16 in the water within arms reach).
* Nonmember guests under the age of 18 MUST be signed in by parent/guardian.
*After 8:30 p.m. on Monday – Friday evenings, children through 8th grade need to be accompanied by a parent while in the building or participating in a program.
Children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old may utilize Kid Zone services for up to 2 hours per day not to exceed 10 hours per week. Children must be checked in by a parent/guardian. Non-member guests may utilize Kid Zone services for $3 per hour per child. Socks are required.
Youth and Family Activity Center
Children 10- 14 years may enjoy the activity center without a parent or guardian present. Children under 10 years old may use the youth and family activity center with a parent or guardian (16 yrs or older). Individuals 16+ and up must be accompanied by a child.
Group Exercise Classes:
Young adults 13 years and up may participate in adult group exercise classes and programs. Children under 13 years of age may attend classes designated as Family Friendly. Family Friendly means children can participate with a parent/guardian if able to follow instructions and be engaged in the class. 8 years old and up recommended.
• Girls/family Locker room and Boys/family Locker room
• Adult men’s and women’s locker rooms (Age 20 and older)
• 7 family changing rooms, 4 of which are ADA compliant
• Children age 6 and older should use the locker room appropriate for their gender.
• Children 5 and under may use the girls/boys locker rooms or the family changing rooms when accompanied by a parent/guardian of the opposite sex.
Adult children between 18-26 years of age may remain on a family membership with proof of current full-time student status and proof that the student is claimed as a dependent.
Children under 8 need to have a responsible adult (over age 16) in the water with them within arm’s reach unless they have passed the Swim Test. If they have passed the Swim Test but are under age 8, the adult must be in the water with them but the child may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
Children 8-10 years old need to have a responsible adult (over age 16) in the pool area with them (e.g. on the deck). Children who have not passed a Swim Test must remain in the shallow end of the pool unless the adult is in the water with them and within an arm’s reach. Children who have passed the Swim Test may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
Children over age 10 may swim in the shallow end of the pool unless they have passed a Swim Test. Children who have passed the Swim Test may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
Swim Tests are available 15 minutes after swim lessons end each evening. They may also be available other times depending on the availability of a lifeguard. Once a child has passed the Swim Test, (s)he should ask for a Swim Test wristband at the front desk when checking in. All children under age 16 must be wearing a Swim Test wristband in order to swim unaccompanied in the deep end.
Family Fit Orientations (Ages 8-11)
Following the completion of the Family Fit Orientation, members will have access to use all cardio equipment, selectorized weight machines, and bodyweight exercises. They will also be educated in performing bodyweight exercises.
1. Since it is a family affair, parents or guardians must attend the orientation and work out with their youth in future visits. Members must pass a test and have parent consent at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Parents/Guardians and children are both required to wear a
Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center together, indicating they have completed the Family Fit Orientation. The wristband can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA Employees reserve the right to ask both parents/guardians and children to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are not together at all times. Study Guide
Mondays 10:15am & 6:15pm
Youth/Tween Orientation (Ages 12-15)
Following the completion of the Youth/Tween Orientation, members will have access to use all cardio equipment, selectorized strength machines, and light free weights not within the free weight area.
1. Members must pass a test at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Youth are required to wear a Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center; wristbands can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA employees reserve the right to ask youth/tweens to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are
abusing their privilege of being in the Wellness Center. Study Guide
Mondays 10:15am & 6:15pm
Teen/Adult Orientation (Ages 16+)
Get acquainted with the Wellness Center equipment, learn safe techniques for equipment use, proper lifting form, and etiquette. Chat with one of our friendly and experienced staff about your fitness goals.
1. Even if you’ve used the equipment before, this orientation is extremely helpful. During this 45-minute session, a trained wellness staff member will lead you through cardio and strength equipment to better understand how to use them properly to get the most
out of your workout.
Appointments are available the following days and times:
Wednesday 10:00 am-10:45 am
Steam & Sauna:
Steam and Sauna rooms are available to our members and guests 20 years and up.