Youth Fitness Orientations
Family Fit Orientations (Ages 8-11)
Following the completion of the Family Fit Orientation, members will have access to use the all cardio equipment, selectorized weight machines and body weight exercises. They will also be educated in performing body weight exercises.
1. Since it is a family affair, parents or guardians must attend the orientation and work out with their youth in future visits. Members must pass a test and have parent consent at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Parents/Guardians and children are both required to wear a
Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center together, indicating they have completed the Family Fit Orientation. Wristband can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA Employees reserve the right to ask both parents/guardians and children to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are not together at all times.
Mondays 10:15am & 6:15pm
Youth/Tween Orientation (Ages 12-15)
Following the completion of the Youth/Tween Orientation, members will have access to use all cardio equipment, selectorized strength machines and light free weights not within the free weight area.
1. Members must pass a test at the end of the orientation, prior to facility access.
2. Youth are required to wear a Green Wristband while in the Wellness Center; wristbands can be picked up at the Member Relations Desk.
3. YMCA employees reserve the right to ask youth/tweens to leave the Wellness Center if they do not have a wristband and are
abusing their privilege of being in the Wellness Center.
Mondays 10:15am & 6:15pm
Teen/Adult Orientation (Ages 16+)
Get acquainted with the Wellness Center equipment, learn safe techniques for equipment use, proper lifting form, and etiquette. Chat with one of our friendly and experienced staff about your fitness goals.
1. Even if you’ve used the equipment before, this orientation is extremely helpful. During this 45-minute session a trained wellness staff member will lead you through cardio and strength equipment to better understand how to use them properly to get the most
out of your workout.
Appointments are available the following days and times:
Youth Fitness Programs and Classes
Fall 1: September 3-October 27
Fall 2: October 28-December 22
Building Strong Kids (Ages 8-14)
For children ages 8-14 who want to start a healthier lifestyle and have fun! Includes active games, strength training and conditioning. Not only will kids get healthy but they’ll build confidence. They will learn proper exercise techniques while having fun with other kids. Class will meet in the Sports Center.
Member Fee: FREE
Program Participant Fee: $56