DeKalb School District #428
The Y’s Before and After School Program engages kids in physically active, learning, and imaginative activities that encourage exploration of who they are and what they can achieve. In addition to supplementing what they have learned in school, they participate in interactive learning that helps build healthy habits, active lifestyles, and continued learning. Students get assistance with their homework from trained Y staff, form long-lasting friendships that enhance their development and growth, and learn skills that can build self-confidence.
Plus we’ve got you covered on Early Release Days and School’s Out Days.
Click here to learn more about our No School, No Problem Program–>
What you can expect from the Y:
- Homework help
- A variety of physically active and fun daily activities that allow your child to explore new interests
- Committed and qualified staff that love working with kids and encourage the use of the Y core values: respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring
- Flexible Schedule: Daily registration, choose your own attendance days Monday-Friday
- Follows DeKalb 428’s 22-23 Calendar for early release an no school days throughout the year
- Before School: Children will be dropped off at the YMCA, Malta, or Cortland, and will then be bussed to their school
7:00am at All Locations
- After School: When the bell rings after school until:
5:30pm at Malta and Cortland
5:45pm at the Kishwaukee Family YMCA
- B&A Parent Handbook
The program will be held in 3 locations: Malta, Cortland, and the Kishwaukee Family YMCA.
Programs held onsite at the school:
- Cortland Elementary School
- Malta Elementary School
Program Hosted at the Kishwaukee Family YMCA:
- Brooks Elementary School
- Founders Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Little John Elementary School
- Tyler Elementary School
Click here to register for sessions
Please note: we are not able to accommodate same-day registrations at this time.
Click here to fill out the required B&A Emergency Contact form
Return completed form to the front desk, or email to Nichole Elliott, Office Support Specialist at email@example.com or call her with questions 815.375.5393
One-time Registration Fee: $25
Before School: $18/day
After School: $18/day
Early Release: $35/day
No School, No Problem: $45/day –>Click here for more information on No School, No Problem
If you have to make changes to your child’s before or after-school care schedule, please fill out the form below.
The policy of the Kishwaukee Family YMCA is to never turn away a family regardless of ability to pay. Each year the YMCA raises funds during our Annual Campaign that are used to subsidize membership and program fees for children and families.
Community Coordinated Child Care (4C):
Parents are responsible for completing the 4C application and receiving an approval letter with the Kishwaukee Family YMCA listed as a provider prior to the start of Before and After School each month. Parent co-pays must be made through an automatic draft on the first of the month. Parents are responsible for any fees not covered by 4C.