Across DeKalb County business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Kishwaukee Family YMCA volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors
- Raise funds for the Annual Campaign & Capital Campaign to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your communities. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Dionne Horne, Human Resource Director and complete the Volunteer Application.