4th Grade Initiative (4GI): Keeping Kids Active
The YMCA is proud and very excited to introduce its new 4th grade initiative program. The 4th Grade Initiative (4GI) offers a free one-year YMCA membership to all existing and incoming fourth-graders throughout the community. 4GI aims to provide 4th graders with opportunities for fitness and sports as well as a chance to socialize with peers in a safe, supervised environment. 4th grade is a critical transition period for many young kids. The mission of the 4GI program is to assist children in this transition by providing programs that encourage well-rounded development that benefit kids physically and mentally. The 4GI program aims to help develop well-rounded approaches to healthy living for all 4th graders. By signing up for the 4GI program, students receive a free one year membership to the Kishwaukee Family YMCA. Special programs are designed for 4th grade students specifically, and include fun activities throughout the school year and summer such as pool parties, scavenger hunts, crafts, ice cream socials, giant inflatables, and more. Homework help and leadership training is also included. It’s a time for 4th graders to have fun, stay fit, and meet friends!
• Sunday Family Time: FREE admission for 4th grader’s immediate family members to YMCA facilities on Sunday’s from 2:30-5pm.
• $25 program credit to be used for any YMCA program
• Special 4th grade fun nights (to be announced)
• Receive member rates for 4th graders when participating in additional YMCA programs
• Receive member rates for families of 4th graders that register for YMCA programs
• Monthly newsletters which include 4th grade activity schedule, special events, program reminders, and more