Submit your Videos – March 15-March 31
Voting Period – March 15-April 5
Your story (whether it’s about you, the people you know, or an entire community) has the potential to motivate others with real-life tales of how the Y not only promises, but also delivers positive change. Through your unique and special voice, the Y can share your story to bring people together to invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. The only thing more important than the words you have to say is the untold lives our story touches.
We invite you to create an original 15-90 second video describing the Y’s positive effect on you and/or your family. All videos must conclude with the statement, “I am (your first name) and I am the Y!” Grab your cell phone, a great idea, and hit record!
Here are a few questions to help prompt your thinking:
- How has your life changed for the better because of your involvement in the Y? Contrast before and after.
- What does the Y mean to you?
- How has the Y helped you learn, grow and thrive?
How to Enter
- Log in to Facebook on March 15 and go to
Kishwaukee Family YMCA, “I am the Y video contest” tab
- Upload your video
- Share your video and ask your friends to vote for it!
I am the Y Video Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
To enter, you must be at least 18 years of age, if younger than 18 years old a Photo/video release form, with parents permission, must be filled out and turned into the Kishwaukee Family YMCA before entry is uploaded to facebook. Photo/video release forms can be found online and turned into Heather Eade, Marketing and Communications Director at the Kishwaukee Family YMCA. Entry in this contest certifies that each entrant meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these official rules.
The “I Am The Y” Video Contest commences at 12:00 AM CST on March 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on March 31, 2015. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CST on March 31. Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts. Untimely entries will be disqualified. All interpretations of these official rules and decisions relating to the contest are final.
How to Enter
To enter you must have a profile on Facebook. If you do not have a Facebook profile, follow the instructions at www.facebook.com to sign up for a profile. Visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kishwaukee-Family-YMCA/176473982381188 during the contest period and: (i) click on the “I Am The Y” video contest tab; (ii) click the “Like” icon; (iii) click on the “Submit an entry” tab; (iv) upload your video and complete the entry form; (v) click on the “Continue” button to submit your entry.
Video Submission Requirements
- Be 15-90 seconds in length.
- Describe the Y’s positive effect on you and/or your family.
- Conclude with the statement, “I am (your first name) and I am the Y!”
- Be submitted in one of the formats that Facebook accepts. Any other formats submitted and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
- Be the entrant’s original idea (modification of an previously published work shall not be considered an original idea). Entrants should not knowingly copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another entrant has a similar idea.
- Comply with Facebook’s terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms.
Videos must NOT:
- Exceed ninety (90) seconds in play time.
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Without limiting the foregoing, video submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Use music that isn’t originally written, performed and produced by you, the entrant. All music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis. Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these official rules.
One entry per person is allowed throughout the duration of the contest. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to follow and be bound by these official rules.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name and video displayed on the Kishwaukee Family YMCA’s website and used by Kishwuakee Family YMCA for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. The Kishwaukee Family YMCA reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
Voting for the “I Am The Y” video contest commences at 12:00 AM CST on March 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on April 5, 2015. Videos are available to view on the Kishwuakee Family YMCA’s Facebook page “I Am The Y” contest tab on the “View entries” page.
The Kishwaukee Family YMCA shall attempt to contact grand prize winner, or an alternate, if necessary, on April 6th.
There will be one grand prize, a 3 month family membership. There will be also be one second place prize, 2 month family membership and one third place prize, a 1 month family membership. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution.
Winners will be determined by the highest number of votes received. The entry with the most votes will be the one grand prize winner, the entry with the next highest number of votes will be the one second place prize winner, and one third place prize winner. Winners will be notified by email some time between April 5- April 6, 2015, using the email address provided on the entry form. No financial compensation will be provided to winners. Winners will be announced on or about April 7, 2015, 8:00 AM CST on Facebook.
The Kishwuakee Family YMCA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit any entrant from participating in the contest or to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Kishwaukee Family YMCA may suspend or discontinue the contest if, in its sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the contest. The opinions expressed in the Videos are not those of the Kishwaukee Family YMCA and the Kishwaukee Family YMCA is not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants that may harm or offend others. The state of Illinois governs this contest and all issues and concerns of the legality of this contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.