Healthy Living at the Y
The YMCA’s Corporate Membership Program makes it easier than ever for your employees to be active, healthy and more productive.
About the Y
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to reach new fitness goals, fostering connections with friends through our programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together through our family-centered activities. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
Benefits of Healthy Employees
Employees are the most valuable assets to any company. Organizations that value and promote a healthy lifestyle have an edge when it comes to attracting and retaining key people. Plus, companies enjoy a variety of additional benefits of healthy employees, including:
Increased Morale, Productivity & Retention
Physical activity improves moods and energy and decreases stress and anxiety. Active employees feel good about themselves and their work.
Decreased Absenteeism & Health Care Costs
An estimated 25-30% of companies’ medical costs per year are spent on employees with excess, often preventable, health risk. Improved wellness reduces employee absenteeism, injury, overall medical claims and healthcare costs.
YMCA Member Benefits
- Access to all health and fitness programs and services offered by the Kishwaukee Family YMCA
- Opportunity to start and stick with an exercise program with the personal assistance of well-trained and dedicated YMCA staff. Try our Member Success Meetings.
- Overall family health and well-being
- 90 FREE Land group exercise classes every week from Zumba, Yoga, Group Power, Spin, Step, Boot Camp and More
- Kids Zone Activity Center –Supervised play for your child while you workout (2 hours per day FREE for children with a membership!)
- Pools and Aquatic Programs
- Personal Training at reduced rates
- Reduced rates on Youth and Adult Specialty classes
- Online registration for classes and programs
- Free Personal Fitness Equipment Training Session for all new members
- AWAY PROGRAM – Access to YMCAs across the country
- Never a contract!
DOES MY COMPANY QUALIFY?
To qualify for the YMCA Corporate Membership Program all you need is 10 employee membership units.
- 20% Reduction of monthly membership dues for your employees.
- Employee enrolls for Y membership through the company’s HR Department.
- The employee pays their Y membership through payroll deduction set up with their HR Department. The company may choose whether or not to contribute to the membership.
- The Y invoices the company monthly for all employee memberships on one invoice and the company will pay the Y directly.
- 10% Reduction of monthly membership dues for your employees.
- Employee pays for membership through individual bank draft set up with the Y.
- Employee may join at their local Y, but must present current pay stub.