UNDER 8 YEARS
- Need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 or older) while at the YMCA, unless participating in a supervised class or signed into Kids Zone.
- May utilize the YMCA facilities, as long as a parent or guardian (16 or older) is in the building at all times or unless they are participating in a supervised YMCA program.
- Activity options: Activity Center, Basketball gym, Sports Center, Racquetball,
- Recreation Pool (with responsible adult over the age of 16 in the water within arms reach).
- May utilize the YMCA facilities without adult supervision.
- Non member guests between under the age of 16 MUST be signed in by parent/guardian.
- After 8:30 p.m. on Monday – Friday evenings, children through 8th grade need to be accompanied by a parent while in the building or participating in a program.Wellness Center
- Teens 12 -15 years who are YMCA members may use the wellness center facilities (with the exception of the free weights) after they have taken an orientation session. Sign up at the front desk. Proper behavior is required.
- Children under 8 need to have a responsible adult (over age 16) in the water with them within arm’s reach, unless they have passed the Swim Test. If they have passed the Swim Test but are under age 8, the adult must be in the water with them but the child may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
- Children 8-10 years old need to have a responsible adult (over age 16) in the pool area with them (e.g. on the deck). Children who have not passed a Swim Test must remain in the shallow end of the pool unless the adult is in the water with them and within an arm’s reach. Children who have passed the Swim Test may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
- Children over age 10 may swim in the shallow end of the pool unless they have passed a Swim Test. Children who have passed the Swim Test may swim in both the shallow and deep end of the pool.
- Swim Tests are available 15 minutes after swim lessons end each evening. They may also be available other times depending on the availability of a lifeguard. Once a child has passed the Swim Test, (s)he should ask for a Swim Test wrist band at the front desk when checking in. All children under age 16 must be wearing a Swim Test wrist band in order to swim unaccompanied in the deep end.
For a complete listing of YMCA Age requirements click here